This year’s blog tour explored various ways that university presses amplify knowledge and #TurnitUP.
Read more >
Columbia University Press hosted a celebratory event at Book Culture bookshop in New York City.
“#TurnItUP with University Presses: Little-Known Stories and Unheard Voices,” a panel during the Miami Book Fair, featured conversation with:
- Lisa Bayer, Director, University of Georgia Press
- Jorge Duany, Director, Cuban Research Institute, and Professor of Anthropology, Florida International University
- Meri-Jane Rochelson, Professor Emerita of English, Florida International University
- Moderated by Romi Gutierrez, Director of Sales and Marketing, University Press of Florida
A series of short video montages, prepared by Ingram Academic Services, feature university press staff and authors talking about how university presses amplify the following areas of inquiry:
- Day 1: Arts and Culture
- Day 2: Politics
- Day 3: The Neighborhood (local and regional publishing)
- Day 4: History
- Day 5: Science