#ReadUP tag is a year-round social media campaign to highlight the work of university presses and AUPresses members! Originally developed for an early UP Week social media campaign, we now use the tag #ReadUP throughout the year to promote the value of the work you all do—and encourage our larger community to use it as well.
Below are some specific ideas that publishers can implement to make #ReadUP trend.
At Academic Conferences and Book Shows
• Include #ReadUP in your program ad
• Include #ReadUP on your banner/backdrop
• If you sponsor a breakfast/dessert/break/reception, include #ReadUP on your signage
• On Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media outlets include #ReadUP in all your posts, updates, and announcements tied to meeting.
• Include #ReadUP on all your bookmarks, discount signs, etc. (You can also request #ReadUP and other UP Week-themed collateral from AUPresses when it is available.)
• If you give away tchotchkes or tote bags, include #ReadUP as a tagline
In General Marketing and Communications
• Include #ReadUP in your seasonal catalogs.
• Include #ReadUP in your subject brochures and fliers
• Place #ReadUP in your email signature
• Include #ReadUP in your blog posts
• Include #ReadUP in your eblasts
On Social Media
• Use #ReadUP to tag publications related to trending topics
• Tag new publication announcements with #ReadUP
• Tag news of prizes, newsworthy blog posts, and any UP-community-related news or reports with #ReadUP