Here are some ideas for booksellers who are planning to participate in University Press Week 2023. (This list of suggestions is also available in a handy, 1-page pdf).
- Host a university press author event.
Plan and promote an author event in honor of UP Week.
- Use social media channels to highlight UP Week.
Post your activities and promote all UP Week activities.
- Take advantage of special offers.
Take advantage of special offers from university presses and create window or table displays. Check with your UP sales reps about whether co-op might be available.
- Highlight university press titles in your store newsletters.
Feature university press titles in your October or November store newsletters.
- Use UP Week hashtags when posting about university press titles:
#SpeakUP #ReadUP #UPWeek.
- Use UP Week graphics.
Available for download here.
- Highlight UP Week Gallery titles.
Selected by member presses and available in the early fall, this online gallery offers a small sample of university presses’ pathbreaking work. (our UP Week 2022 Gallery)
- Promote or participate in the UP Week blog tour.
During the week, we tour the blogs in our larger community, with a series that daily addresses different aspects of that year’s theme. In 2023 we celebrate the ways that university presses give voice to the ideas that shape conversations around the world. Share posts from your favorite university press or create posts for your own blog or website. (our UP Week 2022 blog tour)
- Handsell a UP title.
These lists, curated by the UP Week Task Force in 2021, highlight the excellence and innovation of university presses. Promote one or create your own!
- Look for UP Week materials at regional booksellers meetings and use them.